Thursday, June 01, 2006

Norma Jean

Norma Jean Baker (Marilyn Monroe) would have turned 80 years old today, if she had not died from a drug overdose on 5 August 1962.



Even at the age of 80, Marilyn Monroe would have continued to be an icon (like Katherine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Audrey Hepburn, Joan Collins etc who aged very much gracefully).

Marilyn Monroe was hardly a dumb blond. After all, she was married to Arthur Miller. And she knew Albert Einstein.

Methinks that she would have been an activist for the first wave of the feminist movement (in spite of the characters she played on film), and eventually ended up as a politician (as a Democrat of course).

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

I spent the day alone as my human went back to work today - as I was feeling better. He is giving me more food than my usual quota, even if I do have a more sedentary life in my old age, as the vet advised that I should be given as much food as I want. What great vet advice!

We had lots of visitors tonight as my human gave a little shindig (sans dancing and music) in my honour. Okay, it was for his own birthday (which was actually yesterday), but I was the centre of attention! My human doesn't have birthday parties very often (only once before), but a number of people had suggested he celebrate it this time.

There were a few people I already knew and some more I had never met before. I enjoyed lying on Klaudia's lap, she appreciates kitty lap time (I left her plenty of messages for that white fluffy Kettles). There was also Emily, Devi, Fiona (whom I had not seen for many years so we caught up on some lap time), Kim, Nell (Declan was sick and couldn't come), Sue B, Karen (a new visitor), Deborah (I left her messages for Nina, that Russian Blue), Oscar, Tim W (another newbie), Laura (newbie), Anaree (I left her messages for Couscous, the fat cat), Kerry (newbie), Destiny (who went to high school with my human), Nadine (newbie) and Stella (newbie).

The people were drinking Hardy's Oomoo shiraz and a cleanskin Clare Valley riesling, and snacked on zucchini slice, tandoori chicken pieces, Thai style red curry coriander pork and veal patties, and assorted cheese.

I like visitors.

keisercat@wildmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so pleased to hear you are feeling better and getting to eat as much as you like. What a lucky kitty you are!

I hope your human had a very enjoyable birthday.

Friday, 02 June, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

I hope you are better soon too.

I just realised that Marilyn Monroe and Queen Elizabeth were born in the same year!

Friday, 02 June, 2006  
Blogger ricko/songwriter said...

That's good reading

Sunday, 12 March, 2017  

Post a Comment

<< Home