Tuesday, May 30, 2006

a real invisibility cloak

Scientists from Imperial College London and Duke University in the US, announced their discovery of a 'cloaking' device that could render whatever is placed inside it invisible.

The researchers propose to build a special material that wraps around an object and which would 'grab' light heading towards it and make it flow smoothly around the object rather than strike it. To an observer the light would appear to have behaved as if there was nothing there.

See - Scientists conjure true 'cloaking' device (media release from Imperial College London, 26 May 2006)

Geez, humans are so behind the eight-ball (whatever an eight-ball is, do you know Jeter Harris?). Cats have been going invisible since they started owning humans. Did you (the person) ever look everywhere for your owner (err, cat), only to find him or her standing right beside you all this time?

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human took me to the vet this morning, and then he left me there. I was locked in a cage in a room with two other cats (there was this fluffy huge cat called Mojo who was boarding and he had similar markings to me), and two dogs waiting for surgery.

Rob, the vet sedated me to take blood for tests, and X-rays and he did an enema. My human came and collected me in the late afternoon and he had a talk with Rob the vet.

It seems that I won't be allowed to eat raw chicken wings anymore as I am having trouble digesting the bones and they have been constipating me and it hurts when I try to poo. I'm still making a mess (leaking as a result of the enema) so the vet told my human to stay home with me tomorrow to keep an eye on my bowel movements.

The X-ray also showed an enlarged liver. The vet suspects I may have a tumour but the results of the blood test tomorrow will confirm or discount that. The vet said that I am too old for chemotherapy. My human is very worried about me and giving me lots of cuddles tonight. When I feel like eating again, I hope he makes me chicken soup (with no vegetables in it).

I hope I get better soon. If anything happens to me, who will take care of my human?

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

hope the test results show that you are ok keiser. be strong!

Wednesday, 31 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home