Wednesday, March 22, 2006

World Water Day

Today was World Water Day.

The theme for this year was 'Water and Culture'.
The theme 'Water and Culture' of WWD 2006 draws attention to the fact that there are as many ways of viewing, using, and celebrating water as there are cultural traditions across the world. Sacred, water is at the heart of many religions and is used in different rites and ceremonies. Fascinating and ephemeral, water has been represented in art for centuries - in music, painting, writing, cinema - and it is an essential factor in many scientific endeavours as well. Each region of the world has a different way of holding water sacred, but each recognizes its value, and its central place in human lives. Cultural traditions, indigenous practices, and societal values determine how people perceive and manage water in the world's different regions.

One excellent cultural work was Handel's Water Music which is one of my favourites.

One not so good cultural work was the film, Water World with Kevin Costner and his career never fully recovered after that.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Yesterday was a really exciting day. After I wrote my entry/post last night, Jake's human Dane came over (Jake is a 14 year old ginger Tom) for dinner. I also got to sit on his lap a bit. Afterwards, they messed around with my computer (as I allow my human to use it for his iTunes library) before leaving for a few hours.

Then they returned and messed around with my computer some more. My human reported to me that they went to the theatre and watched a great one-person performance called Page 8. As they stayed behind for drinks as guests (for opening night), my human also had a chat with the very talented performer, David Page and his brother Stephen Page (the director). My human likes mixing with the arty types.

Anyway, being out last night tired out my human and we didn't do much today except nap on the couch and watch really really scarey movies like SAW, SAW II and Wolf Creek. The worst monsters are not supernatural but evil humans. For a bit of light relief, we also watched Alien Vs. Predator. I think he needs to watch more of The Goodies instead.

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alien vs Predator for light relief?

Thursday, 23 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home