Tuesday, March 21, 2006

the passing of Humphrey and another visitor

My friend Bogdan mentioned to me the passing of Humphrey the cat, former resident of 10 Downing Street.



I was going to write something about Humphrey (who should have been knighted Sir Humphrey (fans of Yes Minister will understand).

But my dear friend Camilla has already written a wonderful post about Humphrey. You can read it here - Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office dies.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My house is turning into a half way house for lost dogs and cats, or as my friend Camilla describes it, a stop on the Underground Railroad for Animals.

My human was walking to the shops this morning when he returned without supplies, but with a CAT instead. He took the cat, Sharn straight to my back deck so I didn't know he was here at first, but I did smell Sharn on my human's hand.

My human told me that all he did was to say hello to such a 'beautiful and friendly' cat on his way to the shops but then Sharn started following him. As my human was worried that Sharn would get lost or worst, get hit by a car, he carried him back. Hmmphhh..

Anyway, my human phoned our local vet who managed to track down Sharn's human (who are interstate) whose neighbour came to rescue him (just as well Sharn also sees the same vet as me). I did get to see him through the glass, but Sharn was not terribly friendly with his hissing and growling (I guess he was in unfamiliar territory and felt threatened by me - an old lady cat!). Mind you, my human did spend enough time with him on my deck patting and cuddling him.

The lady neighbour was so pleased to see Sharn as she is being temporary human and she said that Sharn had wandered a bit too far from home, down the street and across the road.





keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

oh Madeline

maybe [no name] can go and live with your guardian's mom.

Friday, 24 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home