Sunday, March 19, 2006

Commonwealth Games Melbourne and another doggy visitor

The Commonwealth Games have been on (held in Melbourne this year) but we have not bothered to watch any of it on TV.

The schedule is unknown, so you don't know what is being broadcast in advance.

Not only that, it is a very one sided competition with most medals being won by Australia.

Canada and the UK (though it is split into England, Scotland and Wales unlike the Olympics) have a far larger population than Australia, so you'd think they could provide some decent competition.

Sport is much more enjoyable to watch when the competition is more balanced and fair! We do support our fellow Australian competitors, but our government spends far too much money on 'elite' sport.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another exciting day! Declan and Nell were in the neighbourhood so they dropped by and I got to lie on their laps while they had a cup of tea and watched Catweazle and The Goodies. This seems to be a theme with visitors lately!

Then Nina's human Gareth (who is Hugh's brother, Nina is a Russian Blue) came over to mow the lawn. Then Nina's other human Deborah (who is Gareth's mother) came over and I sat on her lap.

Later on, I had a long nap on the couch with my human.

After I had my dinner, he left me for a few hours. When he returned, he came back with the humans of the great danes from over the back fence, Martin and Lil. Not only that, but that HUGE dog Sophie also came over. When she came through the front door, we sniffed each other's noses up close. I wasn't even scared of her at all. Then the humans went out to my deck. Hmmpphhh!

It seems that my human had gone to have dinner with those dogs' humans and my human patted them a lot. Aargh! But I have him all to myself again now again.


Sophie at her house (she is the one who came over to visit tonight)


Barney at his house

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home