Friday, March 10, 2006

US ports, UAE and private ownership

There has been much angst in the US about a a company from the United Arab Emirates owning ports in the US.

The question is, if ports are of such strategic importance, why are they not in government control in the first place?

See - 'Happy Now?' from Washington Post of 10 March 2006

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human was home with me today as he was ill again. It was good as he rested on the couch and spent most of the time napping and watching Catweazle. Barney and Sophie (two great Dane dogs who are back neighbours) let their human Martin come over briefly around midday as Martin wanted to discuss jobs in the government agency in which my human works.

Later on, Jack's human Malgosia (Jack is another dog) came over for a quick visit which was nice as I was able to thank her for the presents she has given me. I enjoyed lying on her lap.

Then after that, Nina's human Deborah (Nina is a Russian Blue cat) came over for a visit. I lied on her lap too. Then Nina's other human Oscar came over to take Deborah home, but I didn't lie on his lap.

I love visitors. I hope more come.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home