Wednesday, March 01, 2006

the first kitty bird flu victim

Unfortunately, H5N1 (bird flu) has claimed its first feline victim. Eating raw infected poultry is very high risk, particularly of infected wild birds and domestic poultry. I hope that humans who are responsible for the care of cats in Europe take extra precautions.

Cats are unfortunately susceptible to bird flu. Even big cats. 60 tigers in Thailand died after eating infected chickens.

See reporting in - die tageszeitung, 'Virus für die Katz'

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today is MY BIRTHDAY. Woohoo! I didn't get any cooked fresh Atlantic salmon for dinner as requested, but I did get another raw corn fed chicken wing which I really do like and gobbled up in one go (including most of the bones).

Thank you Scooter, for my first birthday Rosette.

I also had some quality lap time with my human, that is when he wasn't re-arranging the furniture in the study. Not that I mind as he made more room in there for ME!

keisercat@wildmail.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful and very happy birthday!

Love,
Nick

Thursday, 02 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday Keiser, you don't look a day over 14.

Declan

Thursday, 02 March, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

meow meow, thank you declan. i hope your eye is better.

Thursday, 02 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home