Saturday, March 18, 2006

big bang

A big bang would make a helluva loud noise.

Imagine the noise that might have occurred at the 'birth' of the universe during the 'Big Bang'. Not that there was anyone around to listen to it. Anyway, sound can't travel through a vacuum.

Evidence from the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) satellite now suggests that 13.7 billion years ago, the universe took one trillionth of a second to suddenly expand from submicroscopic to astronomical size in far less than a wink of the eye.



How cool.

LINKS
- NASA press release
- WMAP mission results
- National Geographic
- Science Daily

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

After all the excitement from yesterday, today was a quieter day. My human phoned the pound this morning to check up on the dog, and he was reunited with his human, thanks to being micro-chipped.

Nothing to report today except that I went outside when the washing was being hung out to dry, and I smelled the messages the dog left on the quince bush. I also had a wonderful nap on the couch with my human.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that when I sent my human on a supermarket shopping expedition, he returned with a present for me. It spells out house rule number 1.


How true!


Me napping earlier tonight

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home