Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Right to Life?

President Bush recently spoke by telephone to the rally of abortion opponents rallying on the anniversary of Roe vs Wade. The first thing he said to them was:
You believe, as I do, that every human life has value, that the strong have a duty to protect the weak, and that the self-evident truths of the Declaration of Independence apply to everyone, not just to those considered healthy or wanted or convenient.

You can read (and listen) to the rest of his statement here - President Calls "March for Life" Participants via telephone, 23 January 2006, 12.40pm

I'm a little confused. I need somebody to explain to me how as Governor Bush of Texas, he supported and allowed capital punishment.

Surely "Right-to-Life" proponents believe that, with no exceptions. It just seems to me that their argument is a little inconsistent.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I didn't do much today. Just napped a bit. My human came back from work but didn't stay, but thankfully he gave me my dinner first. He went out with his second cousins to dinner. Just as well, he didn't stay out too late. I just want to sit on his lap as much as I can. Is that too much to ask?

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

totally pooch. totally.

Wednesday, 25 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only sort of Bush I like is the sort that keeps the sun off my fur when I am dining al fresco with a fresh mouse.

Wednesday, 25 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home