Tuesday, January 24, 2006

M AGRIPPA L F COS TERTIVM FECIT

This is the inscription at the top of the Pantheon in Rome.

In full, it would read MARCUS AGRIPPA LUCII FILIUS CONSUL [ILLUD AEDIFICIUM] TERTIUM FECIT, which means Marcus Agrippa, son of Lucius made [this temple] as third one when he was Consul.



The Pantheon is a spectacular building. It was first built by Agrippa in 25 BC dedicated to the Roman deities.

Agrippa's Pantheon was burned in 80 AD and rebuilt by Emperor Hadrian in 126 AD.



My human told me that the building is located in an unassuming manner and it is not as ostentatious as other monuments. When my human "stumbled" across it whilst in Rome, he was pleasantly surprised.

By the way some idiot cyber-vandalised the Wikipedia entry about the Pantheon so I will not include its link here.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a much more pleasant day compared to the heat of yesterday. When my human got home from work, if he had a tail like me, it would have been swishing from side to side. In the end, he decided to have a nap on the couch with me first, which I very much enjoyed. Then he made his dinner later after he woke up.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home