Sunday, January 15, 2006

Freakonomics

Something more cerebral today.

Most people and kitties consider economics to be a very dry subject full of numbers and assumptions. Things like the J curve, and the relationship between interest rates and inflation etc.

Anyway, Professor Steven Levitt at the University of Chicago has applied economic theory to much more interesting topics.

For example, he bravely suggested that legalised abortion has helped to lower the crime rate.

Professor Levitt also has lots of other interesting ideas and it is worth taking the time to read his work.

Professor Steven Levitt - homepage - includes downloadable papers

Freakonomics : A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner (Amazon.com)

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a little bit cooler. This morning I also discovered a hiding place that my human can't find. He was in the bathroom using the toilet when he heard me run in from outside through the cat door. I always scamper after I do a poo.

Anyway, when he came out of the bathroom, he was looking for me, as my post-poo scampering always inevitably leads to a 'butt fur check'. He looked for me here, he looked for me there and in the end he went out the back door. That was when I appeared.

When your human is calling out your name and looking under beds and in between furniture, the trick is to remain hidden!

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

LOL. do your slaves check your butt?

Saturday, 21 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home