Thursday, October 20, 2005

Longitude 0° 0' 0"

The site of the Royal Observatory in Greenwich UK is at
Longitude 0° 0' 0" (and Lattitude 51° 28' 38") -
every place on the Earth is measured in terms of its distance east or west from this line. The line itself divides the eastern and western hemispheres of the Earth - just as the Equator divides the northern and southern hemispheres.

The observatory was commissioned in 1675 by King Charles II. Flamsteed House (1675-76), the original part of the Observatory, was designed by Sir Christopher Wren (who was born on this day in 1632, died 25 February 1723) and was the first purpose-built scientific research facility in Britain.

You can find out more from this link:
Royal Observatory, Greenwich

My human told me he went to visit the Observatory early last year, and that it was a bit of a hike going up the hill.



*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

My human stayed home with me today. He kept on sleeping past the alarm which was a sign he was feeling poorly. It took him about midday before he finally got up (mind you, I did get my breakfast earlier).

I spent a lot of lap time with him on the couch where we watched Species. Scarey. Human beings don't like not being at the top of the food chain...

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Keiser said...

Hi Miss Vieno

Blogging is so much fun! I should have done it sooner!

Saturday, 22 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home