Friday, May 06, 2005

Why cats need claws!

Some humans think it is okay to de-claw a cat. This is really cruel. How about amputating their own fingers and toes?

I need my claws to scratch myself, and to defend myself in the event that such a situation arises. My vet did not even suggest clipping my claws, and said they should be kept sharpened. Even indoors. I have scratching posts so I never scratch the furniture.

A few years ago Gary Loewenthal wrote Why Cats Need Claws in the The Whole Cat Journal, September 2002. You can read it by clicking on the link.

When I hear about a cat with no claws it makes me very upset.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was a bit more exciting. Merlin's human, Kim came over for dinner and they had baked chicken which had been marinaded in Lee Kum Kee Char Siu marinade served with rice and broccolini. Poor Kim had one of her wisdom tooth out yesterday so it was still a bit sore. I would have been grateful for her chicken!

Afterwards they watched Moonstruck on DVD, which my human loves, especially all the references to La Bohème.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home