Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Cat Empire

In a galaxy far far away...

Only kidding! There is no Cat Empire, ruled by a Cat-Emperor or Cat-Empress.

The Cat Empire is a human music group, from Melbourne, Australia. They describe their music as "where reggae meets Hip-Hop, where jazz is played with dirty hands, where a Cuban line meets an Aussie rule, where nothing seems in place but sounds like one place played in an earthy chord".

The band started with a trio back in 1999 and now there are six members.



You can read more about them on their site www.thecatempire.com and hear samples of their music.

You can also hear soundbites from their albums
The Cat Empire
Two Shoes

The Two Shoes album is number 2 on the Australian pop music ARIA charts.

I haven't decided if they are my cup of tea, err my big bowl of water. But I do like the name of the band!

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Thursday... how long before the weekend when my human gets to stay home all day with me?

Today was another dull day.

keisercat@wildmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home