Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The Cat's Eye Nebula

A little while ago, I wrote about some of my favourite pictures from outer space. Recently, I made an interesting discovery! There is a formation that is named after us (a body part anyway!), called the Cat's Eye Nebula.

It is three thousand light-years away and is a dying star throwing off shells of glowing gas. It is also one of the most complex planetary nebulae known.

According to NASA "the features seen in the Cat's Eye are so complex that astronomers suspect the bright central object may actually be a binary star system".



Maybe they can name a fluffy looking system after me!

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

Today was another ho hum day, again. I have taken to spending my days on the dining room chair. I did have a chicken wing for dinner again.

keisercat@wildmail.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home