Saturday, November 25, 2006

purrdy kittens

Two big white purrdy lion kittens have been born at Mogo Zoo, on the south coast of New South Wales (south of Sydney).

According to the zoo:
The lions have been hand reared due to the mother’s inability to look after them as a first time mum but we have been bringing them up as naturally as possible to their normal habitat. Things have been made slightly easier having two of them so they can benefit from the comfort of each other and living near the other lions. They hear roaring so there is no confusion about their background! Today we are thrilled that they are growing into boisterous cubs like their cousins, Purr and Joe.

These endangered animals have not been seen in the wild for over 12 years and the world-wide population is in the low double digits so these two new additions represent a major step forward in global efforts to keep the white lions alive. The lions, white due to a recessive gene, hold a magical place in African folklore and are rarer than the legendary snow leopards of the Himalayas.


They also need names. See - Peugeot Lion Cubs




*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was a hot day, so I spent most of it inside with my human. I ate my dinner tonight, but over a long period (so my human had to keep putting it back in the fridge, taking it out etc).

I joined my human for a nap on the couch in the afternoon, but it was too hot, so I hopped off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home