Friday, May 05, 2006

fruity places

When Zimbabwe (formerly Rhodesia) became independent from the United Kingdom in 1980, its first president was the Reverend Canaan Banana. So there was a real Banana Republic.

Crown Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands is officially titled His Royal Highness (HRH) The Prince of Orange. Of course, there is no place called Orange in the Netherlands. The title was originally associated with the Principality of Orange in southern France and part of the Holy Roman Empire. After the Franco-Dutch war, the land holdings went to France, while the title remained with the Dutch Princes of Orange. Ville d'Orange still exists in France today.

Orange Free State was an independent country in southern Africa before it became a province of South Africa. It is now known as Free State (Vrystaat
Foreistata).

Orange County is a county in California, USA. We stopped watching The OC when it became popular. Disneyland is located in Anahein in Orange County.

Orange, is also a town/region in New South Wales (NSW), Australia. They do not grow oranges, but wineries in the area make excellent chardonnay.

The Apple Isle is also a nickname for Tasmania, Australia. The state grows a lot of apples.

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had a great day today. Just before my human went to work, Emily woke up, so I had a great time cuddling her while we watched TV. Alas, she couldn't stay with me all day. Dang!

When my human returned home he told me that when he walked past the pet slavery market (also known as pet store) at the mall near his office, he couldn't resist a kitten he saw, so asked the staff there if he could have a cuddle with the British Shorthair kitten (called Boris). He told me that Boris was 10 weeks old and wouldn't let go. He was sooky and clingy - and was just like a teddy bear, with the squashed up nose. Thank goodness he didn't bring Boris home. I think the $1295 slaver's fee was too much of a shock.

Tonight, Devi came over for dinner of leather jacket fish and small potatoes and broccoli. She liked the Medusa lamp, but wouldn't let me sit on her lap (black work clothes). Unfortunately, Emily was out. Just before my human started cooking, I had an accident and was marched to the bathroom to be cleaned. Oh, how embarrassment!

keisercat@wildmail.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keiser, I have learned to embrace the accidents.

It gives my humans something to do. Teehee!

Saturday, 06 May, 2006  
Blogger Keiser said...

Hey Molly - from the information bank. I keep on making withdrawals, and occasionally make a deposit. I tell my human lots of things too, but he chooses to believe that he cannot understand meow-speak, which is why he has to read my blog.

Hey Nick - the humans like to pretend they are mother cat don't they?

Saturday, 06 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home