Monday, January 22, 2007

how much is someone's social life worth?

Around this time last year, I wrote about the "four fun blokes" in Sydney who were auctioning their friendship for a weekend including a couple of beers, snags (sausages), and a good time.

This time of the year must be the silly season. A philosophy student (alas, another Australian) is now auctioning his social life on eBay including his name (but not legal identity), all his possessions, access to his friends and family, as well as training in his skills (surfing, climbing, fire stick twirling etc).

See
- eBay
- myspace
- Nicael's page


Some people want to be him and are willing to pay nearly $20,000.

Would I exhange my cat's life for that? No way. My meals are served on demand (twice a day), I sleep all day, lay on a lap as I wish, my fur is brushed nearly weekly, and people come and visit me.

Now, perhaps I could auction my lifestyle.

*Don't forget to check out Shamus for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Not much to report today.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger mister jeter harris, hizself said...

keiser ... i think i mite spend sum money to be u fer a day!
if i were u i'd get sum ...



vin-da-loo!

luv--yer grate frend--jh

Tuesday, 23 January, 2007  
Blogger Keiser said...

hey Jeter

That would be cool. And I can be you and wear some cool hats.

luv Keiser

Friday, 26 January, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home