Sunday, January 21, 2007

National Hugging Day

Today was National Hugging Day which has been celebrated since 1986.

What a wonderful idea for a day. My human gives me hugs all the time, but they are actually more like cuddles.

As I am such a small kitty, I can't return the hug. Sometimes when I am lying on my person's lap and facing him, and I don't want him to get up, I do wrap my front paws around his belly. That's like a cat hug don't you think?

In Australia, we even have a Free Hugs Campaign by Juan Mann, and millions of people have seen him in action in Sydney on YouTube (below).



e-Hugs from me to you all

*Don't forget to check out Shamus for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was a cooler day, particularly in the afternoon when the sky clouded over. My human gave me a really nice long brush of my fur, all over, even my belly fur using the gloves. Then he proceeded to clean the house which hadn't been done for a few weeks on account of the heat.

Tonight we're watching a BBC Shakespeare Retold version of The Taming of the Shrew. It's quite funny. My human told me that it is one of his favourites of the Shakespeare plays, though the original was rather misogynistic.


Kate and Petruchio (modernised)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home