Friday, December 08, 2006

not the Queen's English

Last night I wrote about the Queen's English and how it has changed over the years.

In a multilingual country like India where they have two official languages - English and Hindi, lots of people use both in a sentence which is a blended Hinglish.

There is a great story on NPR that is worth a listen.

If the the English spoken in many English-speaking countries continues to diverge any further (from each other), they may soon become different dialects.

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

It was warm today. My human came home from work earlier than usual. He tried to sneak in but I heard him and greeted him when he came inside.

Bobby came over tonight for a quick dinner of steak, couscous, button squash and broccoli. I didn't get any steak, but I did eat all my chicken.

I finally watched Superman Returns with my human.


young Clark Kent

1 Comments:

Blogger batik billy said...

Ooo - gusto mo ng taglish - nakakafunny kung ng mga Filipinos maguuse ng English ng mga sentences!!

Wednesday, 13 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home