Saturday, December 09, 2006

a Melbourne tram in San Francisco

My human loves to visit Melbourne, not just because it is the home of Australian rules football in Australia, but it is also a great city and has wonderful trams (street cars).

My human loves the older wooden trams but most of them have been replaced with modern metal ones.

A vintage old wooden Melbourne tram was recently bought by San Francisco's MUNI.



The 496 (a W-2 class tram) now operates on the new F (Market) line from the Transbay Terminal to Castro Street and being extended to Fishermans Wharf.

See - Market Street Railway

Of course, there are are also a few other old Melbourne Trams operating in the US including Seattle.

*for The Ongoing Barks of a Well Read Dog, check out Shamus (who is continuing Cammie's legacy)

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

Today was very warm. I slept mainly. I even tried to snuggle up to my human for a nap on the couch, but it was too warm. Nothing else much happened.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents rode on a street car in New Orleans. It was so relaxing that Daddy fell asleep on it!!!

Btw, hoped you liked Superman Returns!! Mom and Dad saw it in the theatre and said it was really good. I hope they rent it soon so I can see it!! I suggest you see Thank You for Smoking. I think you would like it.

GGRRUFF!
~Shamus

Sunday, 10 December, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home