Thursday, September 21, 2006

welcome aboard, if you have no fear of flying, you will...

I've never been on a plane. I don't think I could bear being in the carrier (cage) stuck with the luggage. Unfortunately in Australia, kitties are not allowed in the main cabin. That sucks!

My human on the other paw, has been on many flights all around the world. He told me that the flight safety announcements now sound like "blah blah blah..."

He reckons that when they mention the water landing and the life raft, they are being hopeful and just making passengers feel better.

This is from a recent article in The Economist
Your life-jacket can be found under your seat, but please do not remove it now. In fact, do not bother to look for it at all. In the event of a landing on water, an unprecedented miracle will have occurred, because in the history of aviation the number of wide-bodied aircraft that have made successful landings on water is zero. This aircraft is equipped with inflatable slides that detach to form life rafts, not that it makes any difference. Please remove high-heeled shoes before using the slides. We might as well add that space helmets and anti-gravity belts should also be removed, since even to mention the use of the slides as rafts is to enter the realm of science fiction.


You can read the rest - here

Those doctored safety cards in the Fight Club film are a little more accurate.



*For more kitty thoughts, check out Camilla. Please also think good thoughts about and for Camilla. She is very sick (though feeling well thankfully).

.........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo..........

My human came home a little earlier today. He had to prepare some more chicken for my dinner and let it simmer on the stove, then joined me on the couch and fell asleep whilst cuddling me. Woo! When he woke up, my dinner was ready (but needed to be cooled down).

Tonight is another couch night, but there is nothing on TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home