Sunday, October 30, 2005

The mystery of the missing hour

Something very very mysterious occurred early this morning (queue theme music from The Twilight Zone).

2.01am to 2.59am disappeared. That's right, a whole hour disappeared. My human was asleep, but I knew it happened. When my human woke up this morning (an hour later than usual), I tried to tell him that we might have been abducted by aliens.

Another strange thing also happened today. The sun set an hour later compared to yesterday.

Another possible explanation is that this part of the world (the southern part of the eastern seaboard of Australia) including its people time-travelled forward one hour.

I raised my concerns with my human, who had the audacity to laugh and then told me to look up daylight saving.

I wondered what daylight saving had to do with it, and how on Earth daylight could be saved anyway. Is it saved and deposited into a light bank account?

Anyway, I was surprised to learn from Wikipedia that daylight saving (for summer) meant that the clocks were put forward an hour, as the earlier sunrise meant that this daylight was wasted, and could be used at the end of the work day.

So, my human must have reset all the clocks in the house without telling me.

Mystery solved. Or is it?

*As always, please check out Cooper and Camilla who always have interesting things to say.

........ooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooo........

I had another wonderful lap day with my human. We watched the rest of the new version of Salem's Lot. Mind you, it was in two shifts as my human decided that he wanted to do chores in between it. It was a very scarey movie (actually mini-series). It was filmed in Creswick, near Melbourne and we recognised a lot of Australian actors who had parts (with their fake American accents).

Later, while he read newspapers, I napped on the couch listening to the new sigur rós album takk... You can hear samplers from Amazon.com.


takk... CD cover (it is actually a 'book' cover made of paper)

Tonight we watched an excellent documentary called Time Trip from BBC Horizon. The concepts were most interesting, particularly Professor Tipler's 'cylinder' and Professor Gott's 'cosmic string'.

I was totally spoilt today for food. I had cold baked corn fed chicken in the morning, ham cut off the bone in the afternoon. What more could a cat ask for?

keisercat@wildmail.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keiser

You are a smart kitty (from what I have read on your blog). I bet you already knew about daylight saving.

Anyway, it was a good story.

KOTC

Monday, 31 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home